Rainbow

Mixture of colours in my life mostly on the brighter side..

Monday, July 10, 2006

Date with my nephew..

Yesterday, July 9th was my first nephew's Aakash 9th birthday. He is the first grand child of our house and also a sweetheart to all of us..he had been nagging me for quite sometime that he wants power ranger (u will understand only u have a couisn / kid watching the jetix channel all 24 hrs..) as his birthday gift.
Yesterday morning i totally forgot his b'day. he came home around 8 oclock wearing a new dress. If u r wondering how he came alone ( my sis and her family lives just two streets away).. My mom was the first to remember and wish him.. I wished him too.. (with a bit guilty conscious that i forgot to buy his b'day gift.)
So i told him we can go to Toys Kemp in numgambakkam and he can choose his giftby ten. he started blushing and he told me that he has abacus class and so he will come only after the class ( so chweet know..)..and left my house..
Sun TV was telecasting Alaipayuthey movie yesterday and i was very muchengrossed in it in my frnd's house. he came there asking itthi ( that's how he calls me from childhood) shall we go.. the movie was in the finishing stage, i told him we will go after 10 min.. then the movie got over and i met him on my way home. ..
then started my date ... in my scooty pep we went to numgambakkam toys kemap and he had gone crazy seeing so many toys over there..and commented has in this not camp it is toys world :-) first we saw kelodioscope. though i didn't understand it much .. the sales woman was very keen in thalilakattifying ( forcibly sleeing it off ) on us.. thanks to aakash he run away to find his power rangers and some of the Jetix characters.. and we are saved from that lady. he had great confusion among the various colour rangers adn finaly chose white.. while i was trying to convince him to buy a puzzle book or some story book he was unconvinced and wanted white colour ranger and 1 more set of rangers.. finally i paid and left the place.. went to gangothri ( Chat center) .. typical child he wanted to taste everything finally settled with samosa and coke.. and ate it with some effort..
the classic thing came in the part when we were travelling abck home. i asked him r u happy and the answer he gave me was. itthi nee vandu anda toys kempkku kudindu pona ella. anga enkitta budget sollitu , nee enkittaye choice vittu erundenna .. ennakku ennum sandhoshama irundurukkum.. ( that if u had left with my own choice would have even more happy).. although he chose his gifts..
kids r kids.. u cannot satisfy them abt toys that soon..i told him next time we will do so..:-)and left him at home to rush to my school reunion

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home