Rainbow

Mixture of colours in my life mostly on the brighter side..

Monday, December 18, 2006

Experiments during treats..

After a long struggle now I’ve migrated to Beta blogger and thanks to Naren payyan, Becoz of him this was possible:)..
Recently one of lunch mates got a promotion and we are pushing her for treat. I had never been a part of gang of gals. Now it is like we are 5 in this gang all r around 23 to 27 with only one married gal.. Or should I say lady.. She is just 25 yrs. OMG I am revealing all those million dollar secrets like gals age;).. Anyway I hope they don't read my blog. So I’m safe enough :D..
After much brainstorming in terms of what kind of restaurant should we go as 3 of us are vegetarian's and 2 r non veggie.. I really didn't want to go to a hard core non veg restaurant.. plus I was thinking of trying something different as I had been to almost all the veggie restaurant in Mount Road. After lots of google search and discussions.. We decided first on Newyorker where the food is little bit ok.. I know what to order and i luv the sizzling chocolate over there :).. But the person who is giving treat didn't like the idea and finally decided the place Gallopian gooseberries where only pasta, burgers and sandwiches are available:)..
It all started well. We went in one of our friend's (one in the gang) car. We reached Gallopian gooseberries and particularly I was very exited to taste new food for lunch say burgers/ pastas.. As I never had anything other than rice or at the max chapatti for lunch.. Also I choose this restaurant for two reasons one I’ll never go to such restaurants unless otherwise its a treat (;) too costly u c) and second to convince my mate that I’m coming to a non veg restaurant.
We started with starters Garlic breads and some non veg stuffs for those non veggie.. That garlic bread was good and I was really looking forward to eat there.. The order went like this.. Tomato Soup with some herb (I’ll order tomato soup only wherever I go).. And the main course.. Burgers/ pastas and sandwiches were there.. I have not tasted pastas before and the sandwich they are not grilling fully and so I don't prefer that also.. I ended up with burgers.. With strong competition between Italian and Mexican burger I ordered Italian burger.. That Tomato soup was very bland and that too for typical south Indian Brahmin like me who has never gone out of India... it was a real punishment.. thank god we ordered for 1/2 .. Still i couldn't finish my soup.. The main course came.. And with full of expectations I bit a bite in the burger.. My goodness it was unpalatable to me. But I didn't feel like wasting it and ordering for a new one even though all told me to keep it and order for something else so that I get to eat something.. But my conscience was not allowing to so..
Then suddenly I got an idea.. And what I did is u can never think of doing.. Or probably nobody would have thought of doing with the burger.. I just starting eating the bun by throwing the cutlet inside :D.. The treat giver was telling me" edhukku naan unakku namma office vasalla erukkara tea kadaila treat kuduthu eruppene di :D( for u to eat bun alone I would have given u treat in the Petty shop outside our office) my frnds took a picture of that. They were all making fun of me on that:) and took a few pictures which i may or may not upload later:D.. The waiter there was giving me a strange look. I am sure he will never allow me walk into the restaurant again:D.. Thank god that restaurant was less crowded.. All those people were cursing me that I’ll get only HI FI Husband who will eat only western food as I’m very fussy abt food.. that too I want only veg Indian food.
Then came the time for dessert and i wanted a juice from Fruit shop on Greams road (its a shop name) and the original shop was near by and we went there.. I had coconut pudding and Mango milkshake with ice cream and my stomach was full:D..
The fun part came when that friend took the car. The parking light started glowing and we were not able to shut it and we traveled the entire mount road like that.. All the guys were laughing at car .... : D.. People must be thinking that these gals r crazy that too with 5 gals in that car.. P.S. Long post due to readers demand:D..

7 Comments:

At 18 December, 2006 03:06, Blogger Vetty Max said...

All the best for a hi-fi husband. :P

 
At 18 December, 2006 05:02, Blogger Heidi Kris said...

@ K7 :->

Garlic bread with cheese would taste yummy at GG :-)

 
At 18 December, 2006 07:25, Blogger Murali Krishna A V said...

BTW where is Gallopian gooseberries.
Hope to go there in future.
Have you tried out Subway before.
211 Rs for a small bun,which u can get near the petty shop of your office :)

 
At 18 December, 2006 23:02, Blogger Padma said...

@k7
:P.. i've clearly stated my requirements to Amma.. so this has spare chance:D.

@sri
ya true da.. i really liked.. felt like having it one more plate also.

@murali
Its near the Furitshop on greams road on greams road.. BSNL office thandi erukku.:)..

 
At 19 December, 2006 04:26, Blogger Naren said...

1) Thanks for mentioning my name :D

2) You should hav tried Pasta - mroe spicy than burgers!

3) Me wants treat from Fruits shop at greams road when you get your Mr. Hi-FI :P
(there is one outlet in spencer's plaza too!)

 
At 19 December, 2006 04:29, Blogger Padma said...

@naren payya

U r most welcome:P.. the pleasure is mine..
ya next tiem i'll try that:D.. off course on another treat..
ha ha.. i'll think abt it:P..ya i knwo and these two places i frequent a lot:D.

 
At 22 December, 2006 00:37, Blogger Serendipity said...

"a juice from Fruit shop on Greams road (its a shop name) "

yummy. that place is fun:D lotsa tasty juices :d there is one branch of it in besant nagar too:D i go there whenever i go to tbe beach :D


abt the bun n cutlet thing er burger - happens :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home