Rainbow

Mixture of colours in my life mostly on the brighter side..

Friday, January 19, 2007

Kids talk..

"Kuzhal inidu Yazh inidu enbar tam
Mazhalai sol keladavar"This verse means those who have not heard the kids talk will say that the other instruments are pleasant to hear.
Yes Thiruvallur i think has really felt it and wrote this kural. And i realize its true when my second nephew two year old talks to me a very innocent and childly manner, as my first nephew never had mazhalai (" the kids language").
My mother was teaching him the rhyme " Amma inge va va".. Such a nice poem.. My mother tells the first two sentence and he completes it.. Like if my mom says amma enge he will say "va va". When they were telling in front of me.. My mom told "ennal unakku" he is "thollai" with a raga and she said "edhum enge" he spontaneously told "thedayadu" (he doesn't get the letter "ka") instead of "Illai" . We all started laughing seeing his understanding of tamil.. The best part is when he calls his elder brother anna ende va da... :)..
Today i had been to temple for a ritual called Puttukku pall thelikaradu. There i saw a gal kid (may be 2 yr old). I always scold my sister for not having a gal baby and i just go crazy on seeing gal kids.. So i was trying to talk to her.. Her mom had given a piece of jaggery to put in the puthu. She put it and she was licking her hand. Her mom was telling her not to lick and it was god's food.. I just smiled at the kid and nodded my head to say no. the next moment she showed her finger and told pichi pichi.. OMG.. How much pleasant it was to hear, I can’t explain. The way she was running behind her mom with her pattu pavadai.. My goodness.. it was a pleasant scene to c also.. I asked my mom for a fruit to give that kid (her name is swetha ). My mom told give that's kid's mom Vettala pakku. I did that and i told that kid i'm not giving her any fruit.. She instantly took the leftover fruit form the tattu evn though her mom was telling her not to take.. She was eating the fruit when her mom told to thank me.. She told thanks (a pleasant thanks) with her mouthful of fruit.. I couldn't stop myself from kissing her.. And told a welcome to her..
Y i wrote this is because Naren was keeping on pestering me for the blog;).. Also i wanted to share my happiness on seeing that kid:)..

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 19 January, 2007 06:21, Blogger Naren said...

mazhalai chol inbathin ellai :)

 
At 24 January, 2007 22:30, Blogger Padma said...

@naren
Absolutely true.. nothing can compensate that..

 
At 31 January, 2007 09:35, Blogger Serendipity said...

cho chweet :D

 
At 14 February, 2007 03:48, Blogger Padma said...

@harini
Thanks...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home