Rainbow

Mixture of colours in my life mostly on the brighter side..

Friday, July 14, 2006

My experiments with Cooking

Morning 7:20

Me cooking in the kitchen trying to make some yellow coloured rice.. any guesses.. ok leave it.. so called Lemon rice. My younger brother sesha is taking bath(he hardly does :D)
Me.: dey Sesha, enga vayen (come here)
Sesha: enna vishayam di. (what's the matter ) i'm getting ready for office.
Me: Dey come here and taste this rice and tell me if anything else needs to be added.
Sesha: Time aidutu di. (its getting late). if u r not packing my lunch within 5 minutes. i'll eat outside.
Me: (feeding him a mouth of rice and eagerly asking him) eppadi da erukku (How is it)
He just nods his head.
Me: (anxiously)uppu urappu ellam sariya erukka .? (does it taste good).
he again nods his head and rushes to office.

Afternoon: 12:45

My computer screen is shaking.. I know it is my mobile ." 1 message received" . I am sure it is from my bro and know what it is. He didn't disappoint me.
I opened the Sms : "saptiya" (Have u taken food?)
If u r thinking such a caring bro he is just wait and watch.

Me..: Not yet. Have to go..
Drrr.. moniter shakes again..
He: I have never ever eaten such food in my life..
I know something is wrong.. and It is a vanja pughchi ani.. (a statement which looks like praise but something opposite will be the meaning)
Me: dey too much. be happy that i've cooked for U getting up that early. (6 o clock yaar. almost midnight for me)
He: ok.. ok..

The real scene comes now.

A week later

morning 7:20


My brother is eating the lemon rice prepared by my mom. Just then i woke up.

He (with a smirk) : Amma, edhukku per than lemon ricea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( is it called Lemon rice!!!). Paddu oru manja colour panni adhukkum idhe per than ma vecha ( Paddu prepared a yellow rice and named it Lemon rice too).. :P..
me gritting my teeth
My Mom : dey, enda avala vambukku ezhunde erukara ? pannikudathalenu sandosha padu (y u r always pulling her leg. atleast be happy that she cooked) lovely mommy
Me: (blushing) dey amma is going next week to granny's place. (smirk) aprum nee sottukku thindatanum (u have to struggle for food) :D.
He (coolly): Adhukku than erukkave erukku kaiyendi bhavan (hotel is there always).
Makes face at me..
"Poda donkey, I'll see you next time" .. Grrrrrrrrr..Me grumbling

4 Comments:

At 14 July, 2006 01:52, Blogger Naren said...

Ahem...Ahem... Shall we just say that all iyengar girls are like this? :P

 
At 14 July, 2006 01:58, Blogger Padma said...

@ Naren
ahem.. ahem.. certainly not.. all the iyengar brothers are like this :P

 
At 21 July, 2006 05:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 
At 09 August, 2006 02:51, Blogger nullity said...

funny......really laughed....nicely prepared....(not the rice but the post)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home