Rainbow

Mixture of colours in my life mostly on the brighter side..

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

polambals

Scene 1

My purpose of existence in this world is not to get married alone. ok..i can accept that marriage is a part of life...

Morning 8:45

My uncle's brother in law had come to my house and i was getting ready for the office
Uncle: Endi eppadi ulliya erundiyana yaaru di unna kalyanam pannipa? (Who will marry you
if you are this much skinny)
me (very coolly): Kalyanam pannikadavana patti en mama kavala padanum (y should i bother abt someone who is not going marry me)
Uncle(not leaving): unakku aprum enna madhiri kizhavan than kedaippan (Then u will get a old person like me)
Me: (smirk) adhanala enna mama naan ungaleye kalyanam pannikkeren . ( that's ok uncle .
I'll marry U) ;-)

Scene 2

Is being lean a sin? y y always people think that i don't eat anything:D
9:30AM
I'm on my way to temple. Met my periamma(aunt) and mother on the way.
Aunt (very affectionately) : endi kanna evalo oliya erukka. sapdanum da chellam.( y r u
so lean dear. u have to eat a lot sweetheart)
she doesn't know that i eat loads cheese, ice cream and items that would increase my weight everyday ;-)
Me: naan saptundu than erukken periamma, udamba than poda mattengaradu( I'm easting
aunty. But i'm unable to gain weight) :-)
She then gave me a lecture of how to gain weight and how much should i eat to gain
weight. I was patiently listening to it with a smile(no other go).

Scene 3

At last one can correlate me with my mom:D
7:30PM
Gudharavahanam(temple festival) is going on.I was standing with my mom. A neighbour of us
in our hometown meets me after 10 years.
Neighbour aunty: udambu eppadi vatti poduthey di( you have become lean). chinna vayasu naana
kunda erundiya
(you were fat in ur childhood)
Me shyly smiling..
N.A: unga amam madhiriye erukku ( u look like ur mom).. Me blushing .. believe me i was on top of the world, mainly because my mom is smart and gudlooking and if i look like her means.. he he.. not always do i get such a compliment u c..

Scene 4

Reality.. internal beauty is more important yaar:D

7:35PM

I met my friend off course with a broad smile.
she: hey do u have cousin who is a yoga instructor
me(smirk): my cousins don't even know the spelling of yoga leave alone being the
instructor
.
she: actually we (she and another friend) were feeling that the instructor's face is very similar to urs.... she was hesitating to say something. ..
Me: tell me yaar.. what's the matter
she: actually ur face look like .. (more hesitation and with a broad grin).. a shield know
..
immediately.. don't mistake me yaar... he he..
I could have kept quiet:-(.
Y y it always happens with me. Kaduvula naan 5 nimisham sandosham erukkaradu porukaliya. (Oh my god, can't u c me happy for 5 min)...????????????

7 Comments:

At 19 July, 2006 02:09, Blogger Naren said...

LOL!....u shld learn d art of silence :P

 
At 21 July, 2006 05:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 
At 09 August, 2006 02:46, Blogger nullity said...

nice polambals

 
At 11 August, 2006 04:20, Blogger Padma said...

@Naren.

Venam venam . vittudu naan azhuduven.

@anonymous.
he he. what was helpful.:-? if u tell me that it will be very helpful to me:-)

@nullity
Thanks again

 
At 11 August, 2006 22:37, Blogger nullity said...

Padma...i LOL for the comments u have made for the comments of anonymous.....just note, thats an anonymous message...i dont know who is doing...but thats an automatic comment which someone is making in all the blogs...so dont get tensed....:-)

 
At 13 August, 2006 23:29, Blogger Padma said...

@nullity

thanks yaar. i was really tensed:P my BP was going above 120.. how can a person misuse my blog:P like finding it helpful. ;-) while the intension was something else..

 
At 18 August, 2006 12:47, Blogger Naren said...

Very true indeeed!!! Even I have faced situations like this... ppl keep asking me why I don't eat properly every single time they see me... If only they had an idea of what I eat everyday ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home